Saturday, September 5, 2009

3rd Gen Race Board Project Begins

Here is the bottom curve being laid out.

Here is the deck curve being laid out

Template done and ready for cutting


These boards will be all carbon and vacuum bagged. I'm in no rush, so I'll be working only when the weather is ideal for working under the house and not much good for surfing. Estimated completion date is some time in October.

Since my last race board project, I've been in touch with a few blog followers looking forward to this next one. I'll be more detailed and frequent with the posts as this project continues.

I will also make an effort to track my cost better. I think you'll discover it's a lot more expensive, and a lot more work, than you think. That Naish Glide 14 footer may look like a steal after you follow this project.

No comments: