Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Surfed the 9'0 as a Quad

I surfed the Bat Tail in CHOP tonight! Surfed for one hour in light wind. I'm amazed it is possible for me to surf this board for a full hour and feel good. I should be Mr Rubber Legs tonight, but I feel great.

The board felt right setup as a quad. Everyone has their own ideas about the feel they look for. For me, this board feels right when you hit the bottom turn in quad configuration.

That little Bat tail has some amazing glide for a pocket sized board.

That Sub Vectors going to feel like a house boat.

In all fairness, I should point out I've been surfing in front of the house, where the water texture is normal, and way easier than when we surf CB inlet. The confused currents at CB inlet can kick your ass and humble you.

1 comment:

CB1 said...

Guess, you will not be needing the Sub Vector 9'3. I'll do you a favor and take it off your hands! :-) muwaaahhaaa!!!!