Friday, June 5, 2009

Updated Race Forecast



A headwind of 11 mph for the 11AM start. 12 miles upwind is crazy. I hope they schedule a rain date.

I'd like to see races run like the big time contests run at Pipe and Makaha. With holding periods to allow for fun conditions to materialize. But it's not up to me. I'm to old to get involved.

I used to run races back in windsurfing's heyday. I organized and ran the High Wind Slalom Series at the Fortfisher Basin. We raced every weekend during the month of June, but only when the forecast allowed shortboards, and sails below 6.0 to race. We averaged racing conditions 3 out of 4 weekends each summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dw,
After talking this morning Jason and I decided to postpone the race till next weekend to much headwind, the hard racers would take almost three hours to complete and thats with paddling hard the whole time. Hope to see everyone there next weekend

Go Surf now
Chris