Sunday, November 11, 2007

Paddle Update

The wife and I surfed today in cold weather with the modifed (dovetail) wood paddles. She loves her paddle. I'm not sure the feel is right for me. There is a dead feel and lack of energy compared to the Surftech carbon paddle. It reminds me a little of my first impressions when switching from the C4 paddle to the Surftech last Spring. C4 feeling dead at the time.

Next session will be Sunday in sunny warm south Florida. Looking forward to that. Check back next weekend for updates.

2 comments:

CB1 said...

What....?? I thought you like the paddle, after the dove tail mod? I thought it paddled better than the Sawyer, which may not be hard to do. Did you install the t-handle on it?

NC Paddle Surfer said...

I like it better. It paddles very straight. Just not sure the "feel" is as good as my Surftech.

I kept the original handle.