Wednesday, February 16, 2011

FCS is full of Marketing B.S.

The FCS Press Release:

FCS introduces an innovative new cord/coil stand up paddle surfing leash. This leash is specifically designed for stand up paddling, which features a short section of coil that will not tangle like a full coil. That coil functions as a shock absorber, reducing the board’s tugging force on your leg and helping to pull the board through the back of the wave quickly and evenly without having it rocketing back at you. The coil also allows you to noseride while minimizing the amount of leash dragging behind the board. This is an exclusive FCS innovation and it comes in calf and ankle cuffs and big and regular wave sizes.


Time for a history lesson folks at FCS. I invented this leash during the summer of 2007. 


It took several attempts to convince XM Surfmore to make it for me. I first introduced my design to the SUP world in Oct 2007 on the standup zone click here


I gave up on it simply because the coil wore out too quick and it was a huge pain in the butt to get more made. I had them build two batches for me. 4 leashes in total. Hunter at Blowing in the Wind gets credit for talking XM into doing it for me. 



No comments: