Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Camera Holder


My new camera carrier is a modified i-pod arm band holder. I have struggled all year to find the prefect solution for carrying my camera while surfing. Around the neck didn't work. I was too distracted and worried about getting hurt by the camera in a crash. Sometimes the distraction of the camera flopping around would make me miss a wave or fall. I was hit in the ribs by it last Winter. The camera chipped the rail of my board crawling back on it.

Next I tried transporting the camera with a suction cup mount on the nose of my board. Again the camera was a distraction. I'd often be stressed over it and end up staring at the camera, then fall.

The arm band mount works great. I'm not even aware of the camera hanging on my arm. I can surf all day with the camera hanging there. Then when I want to shot photos I just sit on the board and slide it off my arm. The attached float makes sure I can find it should I ditch the camera and dive under a wave.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there will be more grate shots
12kite.com

srfnff said...

Most ingenious! And very cool too...

Evan said...

Where did you buy that? I just altered a neoprene camera case for my xacti e2 but the wrist attachment can use some improvement.

Aloha,
Evan
www.standuppaddlesurf.net

NC Paddle Surfer said...

Bought at Walmart. Belkin sport arm band for i-pod. I sewed the bungee in place.