1) When a board is 6 lbs lighter, it accelerates so fast with each stroke, it takes half the effort to catch a wave. The old Naish feels like I'm pulling a tanker with my paddle blade.
2) Lighter boards float better. The new board is 3 liters less, but still floats me better.
3) The balanced template (wide point in the middle) paddles straighter.
4) The new board is so easy and stable (30% more stable than the Naish) that it just made the old 7'10 Dumpster Diver obsolete.
5) SUP may never be the same again! Woohoo.
|Floats just right........|
|Only with a 14.5 lb board can you get excited over 6" surf|
|Comparing the Naish stability. It feels like the bottom is round.|