Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Little More Downwind Board Progress

In the time beween my last board construction run, I read somewhere on the web that guys had found sign shops to be a good source for scrap high density foam. I asked my neighbor, who owns a sign shop, if they had any foam like Core Cell (I had one small piece left over to show him). A few days later he brings me this awesome 1.5" thick high density foam perfect for setting fin boxes.

FYI, Bark uses plywood in his custom carbon raceboards. Way heavier that good high density foam, but certainly cheaper. High density foam is expensive and expensive to ship because it comes in 4 x 8 sheets if you buy wholesale.
Hole routed and ready to set high density foam

Foam covered with plastic sheet and weigh applied. Foam is under weight, set in epoxy and filler.

No comments: